Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by henrique »

I need to implement a more complex control field type with the data than simply storing a converted value. The conversion function that exists in DataField works perfectly, but what I need is to handle the data load.

The field I'm creating is a late load control, so I need to handle the data load.

At that point I implemented the "defineAccessor" function to allow you to insert a load function.

The problem occurs when the container fetches the data, in the Model.js, 1281 line, it fetches the complex data, from the "data" property, and not from the object itself, so it does not use the property schema to load the data. With this it does not call the function "get" implemented in the function "defineAncestor".

If you modify the line to "return ObjectHelper.getPath(this, dataSource);", everything works as expected.

I can't tell if it's the best implementation, but that's how I found the solution.

Is there any other way to solve this?

Post by Animal »

We need to have calculated field values. This should not be too hard to add to the data subsystem. Here's a ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4025

Post by henrique »

Any news about this?

Post by alex.l »

Not yet, the ticket will get a milestone when we plan to implement it in nearest releases.

All the best,
Alex

Post by henrique »

I everyone, any new about this implementation?

Post by marcio »

Hi Henrique,

No updates, unfortunately, but added a note to the ticket. Thanks

Best regards,
Márcio