Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by bdent »

When on a tablet or touch device and you attempt to drag a bar, any bars, including the one you are dragging that have sticky contents which exceed the viewable area, have their content pushed to the beginning of the bar. Once the drag is complete, the contents shift back to where they are supposed to be.

See attached test case and movie below.

24743-tablet-sticky-events-issue.gif
24743-tablet-sticky-events-issue.gif (1.19 MiB) Viewed 631 times
Attachments
24743-tablet-sticky-events-issue.zip
Updated test case
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
Last edited by bdent on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by marcio »

Hey bdent,

Thanks for the sample. I downloaded and installed the project you shared, but looks a little different than the one in the gif. I couldn't drag anything as you mentioned, so wasn't able to reproduce the behavior that you described. Could you please confirm that the project that you shared is properly configured?

Attachments
Bryntum Scheduler - Angular Scheduler Component With Routing + NgRx demo.mp4
(170.78 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by bdent »

Marcio-

My apologies, seems that the stickyEvents feature flag wasn't included in what I posted. If you do the following, you should be able to reproduce:

• /src/app/scheduler1/scheduler1.config.ts and add
    stickyEvents: true
    to the features block.
  • We have only be able to reproduce this on real / non-emulator devices such as an iPad. Doing so will probably require you to run the following:
    npm run generate-data
    ng serve --host 0.0.0.0 --disable-host-check

so that you can generate the data and run locally so that your device can connect

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
Bryan

Post by bdent »

Marcio-

I've updated the test case so that you should just need to run the following now:

npm install
npm start

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Bryan

Post by marcio »

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the updated demo.

I tested on my phone, as you suggested. And you'll be able to see that in the example I'm changing the Abbie Harper and Eddie Holmes records.

They start at the same time, but when both exceed the viewable area, when I drag one a little to the left, and the start became earlier than the one above, they change position because of that start date and the automatic sort. So I couldn't reproduce exactly the behavior that you described, perhaps the sorting that I described is what's going on there??

Attachments
scheduler mobile demo.mp4
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 54 times

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by bdent »

Marcio-

I think the issue here is that the other bars are changing even though the user is not interacting with it. It's understandable that the start dates may be changing, but when the text disappears it becomes unintuitive for the user and looks more like a bug. Can this either be turned off when a bar is in-progress or at least a setting to preserve the sticky contents so it doesn't appear to be a bug? This was tested on an iPad in landscape mode, but the results are still the same.

Thanks,
Bryan

Post by marcio »

Hi Bryan,

Investigating this issue, we found a specific CSS rule that causes this strange behavior with sticky content, I created a ticket to fix it https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/5109

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by bdent »

Thanks for the update.