Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by byung.moon »

I am getting invalid argument error on IE after upgrading from Siesta-1.0.6 to 1.0.8-lite with ext-4.0.7 when I run a test.
It's on ext-all-dev.js line 14768, me.dom.style[ELEMENT.normalize(style)]=value;
If I go back to 1.0.6 it works fine. I had no problem with FF for either version.
Has anyone notice this?

Post by mats »

Please post a test case and we'll investigate.

Post by byung.moon »

I am using IE8.
This is not test dependent. I got the same error running your example test. Run any test, the icon changes to a hour glass then the lightning which is the running state. It stops there and never finishes, never shows any diagnostic message, pass, fail.
I tried to find more details using IE development tool and it is failing when it is trying to set width or height. It was expecting a number but the value was NaN. On FF, it was "auto" and it handled it fine. I hope I provided enough information. Thanks.

Post by mats »

Guessing this has been fixed already:

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum ... ickets/205

Post by byung.moon »

Yes, it is fixed. Downloaded the file and tried it. Works.
Thank you for your support. :D

Post by jumpwake »

This issue was plaguing me as well. I dl'd 1.09 and it fixes that NaN value issue, but it breaks all my tests with the following code.... An item never gets selected.

var loPOCombo = Ext.getCmp("cboPONumbers");

t.click(loPOCombo, function () {
loPOCombo.focus();
t.type(loPOCombo.inputEl, '[DOWN]', function () {
t.type(loPOCombo.inputEl, '[DOWN]', function () {
t.type(loPOCombo.inputEl, '[ENTER]', function () {

Post by mats »

Can you submit a testcase we can look at?

Post by jumpwake »

I can test 1.09 more this weekend. In the mean time, I just made the 2 line code change in the Siesta-all.js file to patch 1.08. Line 23044

Post by mats »

Ok, please let us know when there's a test case ready.