Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by syl »

Hi,

We spotted a small UI glitch reproduce in any example (but I used Basic for this report).

First, position a task so that it end at midnight on a given day.
The tooltip should show an end date at 12:00 AM in the next day.

Picture1.png
Picture1.png (24.82 KiB) Viewed 513 times

The task editor shows the end date with the same format, so this is consistent.

Picture2.png
Picture2.png (27.5 KiB) Viewed 513 times

Now, zoom out some more until the tooltip only shows the date, without the hour information.
In this case, is shows the day during the task is still being executed, and not the next day.

Picture3.png
Picture3.png (14.68 KiB) Viewed 513 times

The task editor still behaves the same of course, but the information displayed between the tooltip and the editor now seem inconsistent.

It feels like the day displayed in the tooltip should not be changed depending on the zoom level, which it currently does.

Sylvain

Post by tasnim »

Thanks for reporting,
Reproduced! I've created a ticket to fix it. Here it is https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/5535

All the best :),
Tasnim

Post by Animal »

The tooltip uses the current ViewPreset's displayDateFormat by default, so as you zoom in, that changes.

You can configure your Scheduler with a displyDateFormat and it will use that in the tooltip.

Post by syl »

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. That's good to know, although I find the current behaviour of only showing the date without the hour when zooming out to be appropriate.
The only odd thing is that the date display changes depending on zoom level, but I see it's being worked on already.

Sylvain

Post by syl »

Hello,

I saw the ticket was resolved and delivered, but the latest release does not really seem to resolve the issue, from what I could see.
Can someone have another look at it?

Sylvain

Post by tasnim »

Hello,
It is solved, You just need to set displayDateFormat so that the date format should always be the same in every viewpreset.

Attachments
SrKLoRP8nR.png
SrKLoRP8nR.png (116.23 KiB) Viewed 358 times