Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by orthobridge »

Hi,

I'm seeing an error in the latest nightly build when loading the diary.

See below for error and specific line of code

cheers
John

Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (197.33 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (210.65 KiB) Viewed 1477 times

Post by Animal »

The CrudManager does that when a load request is initiated while another load request is in flight.

Now whether that is a bug is a thing that I have to find time to talk about with the team.

But the latest code goes to great lengths to coalesce load requests from one refresh of a visible view into one.

There is extensive testing. I have a test case which loads a ResourceView of multiple WeekViews which works fine. Can you show us your code so we can see how you arrive at this?

Post by orthobridge »

It turns out your refactoring actually makes it worth properly - I had an unnecessary explicit call to the crudManager to load the data - that's been removed and it's fine.

P.S - is there a gotoDate(someDate) call I can make to load a specific date ?

Thanks

Post by Animal »

Calendar has a date property which is the date around which the view needs to center itself.

So whenever you set it, the view will move there. Whether it's a WeekView or a MonthView, it changes itself to it contains that date.

https://www.bryntum.com/products/calendar/docs/api/Calendar/view/Calendar#property-date

Post by orthobridge »

thanks.

Is there something similar to reload the current date ?

I'd like to hire one of your team for a day ( 8 hours say) to review my code and add a couple of minor features (splitter with custom list) - probably just do it over a Zoom with someone who can guide me. What's the best way to arrange it ?

Thanks

Post by Animal »

There should be a built in way to do that. I will add it. Private API to do that is

l = calendar.features.loadOnDemand;
l.loadDateRange(l.lastRangeLoaded.startDate, l.lastRangeLoaded.endDate);

Yes, there is a way to get help. https://bryntum.com/services/

Post by Animal »

Post by orthobridge »

Perfect. that worked a treat.

Thanks for the link. I'm going to wait for the 5.3 release with the timerange feature and get help then.