Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by bbarrette-msft »

Hi,

I am aware that there is currently an issue opened about making a Print feature available for the Scheduler, like the Ext Scheduler has, here: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2784

My question related to this is if there is any kind of timeline on when/if this feature would be implemented?

Since server-side is not an option we can consider, we can't use the Export feature and so it leaves us in a situation where there doesn't seem to be an alternative to print when moving to the new scheduler component. This is why we're looking for any info about this to see what are our options related to this migration.

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

Post by marcio »

Hey Bruno,

I added a note to the ticket, but unfortunately for now there is no timeline, but we'll be discussing that internally. Besides that, you can get in touch with the sales team to sponsor the feature development and speed up by giving the ticket more priority. :)

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi Bruno,

I am investigating implementing a print feature (very early on). What expectations would you have on it? The feature outlined in the ticket is very basic - printing the full grid without any options (except for those in the native print dialog). Would that be sufficient?

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by bbarrette-msft »

Hi Johan!

I don't know what that implies, but the simplest answer I could give about expectations would be to achieve feature parity with what the ExtJS version offers. So if for example the ExtJS version can only reach a certain number of rows/columns because of a limitation in how it was built, I'd "preserve" that limitation on the new feature, to provide the equivalent of what was offered before without trying to use all the power and features the new scheduler offers.

It would be hard to go into specific details of what exact feature would be needed, as this will depend on how each person/customer uses it, so this is why my answer is more high level than specific.

I still hope that helps, feel free to reach out if you have additional questions!
Bruno

Post by mats »

We'll discuss this and see if we can prioritize this for the 5.4 release! Thanks for your feedback.