Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by marasoft@netrom.ro »

Hi,

I have attached a screenshot of an issue that I am experiencing with grouping in my application. As you can see, there is a large white gap inside the row which is caused by the buffer searching for data from a month in the past. I am interested in exploring ways to make the grouping adaptive to the data and row height, in order to avoid the excessive whitespace.

Screenshot_90.png
Screenshot_90.png (83.51 KiB) Viewed 160 times

Could you please advise me on how to address this issue?
Thank you for your attention and support.

Best regards.

Post by alex.l »

Hi marasoft@netrom.ro,

To clarify the case. If you scrolled left, will you see all the space filled with events from top to bottom?
Do you want height "jumps" while scrolling according to visible events amount? What do you expect to see when vertical position of scroller will be in a middle and resource list will be long?

All the best,
Alex

Post by marasoft@netrom.ro »

Hi Alex,

When I group events using the functionality, there is whitespace visible due to schedules that are not within the visible range. This whitespace disappears only after scrolling horizontally for about a year. I believe this is due to a buffer based on the view type.

To avoid this, I need the scheduler to remove the buffer and directly adjust the row height based on the number of schedules. So to answer your questions:

1) Yes, I want the height to adjust according to the number of visible events while scrolling.
2) When the vertical position of the scroller is in the middle and the resource list is long, it should have the same behavior as before, but without the buffer. (i.e., row height should not adjust only when scrolling horizontally for a long time in the future or past, but it should be resized automatically, or at least have access to that buffer property so we can set a lower period of time)

Post by alex.l »

Hi marasoft@netrom.ro,

Unfortunately, rendering buffer is not configurable.
Try to use 'pack' layout instead of 'stack', in that case you will have fixed row height but event bars will fit available space. Here is example https://bryntum.com/products/scheduler/examples/layouts/

All the best,
Alex