Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by gorakh.nath »

Hi Alex,

For our requirement, we want to use a feature similar to the one in the https://bryntum.com/products/schedulerpro/examples/highlight-time-spans/ demo. We are already using the ResourceTimeRanges feature to display the unavailable times for the resource. With this time span feature, we want to provide a visual aid to where the task can be dropped on the calendar.
Tried assigning the event model calendar with 24/7 working time and it didn't work. Any other ideas we can use to solve this issue? Please add the solution to the sample app I've attached for the event rendered as single-line issue.

Post by mats »

And we are using manual scheduling instead of default automatic scheduling.
How can we achieve this?

So you have marked your tasks as manuallyScheduled in your data?

Post by gorakh.nath »

Hi mats,

Yes. We are using manuallyScheduled: true in our code.

Post by arcady »

Please provide a runnable test case demonstrating your problem.

Post by mats »

Post by gorakh.nath »

I updated the version to 5.3.1 and added the configuration as suggested here https://bryntum.com/products/schedulerpro/docs/api/SchedulerPro/model/EventModel#field-ignoreResourceCalendar. However still this issue is reproducible. I am attaching the sample application for the reference.

Attachments
5.3.1_sampleApp.zip
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 16 times

Post by mats »

Looks like you are attaching calendar to the "event", is the event what decides the availability or is it the resource? The flag ignoreResourceCalendar is to allow events to ignore their parent resource calendar. Perhaps you could use calendars on the resources instead of the events to make this work?

Post by gorakh.nath »

We are attaching calendar to the events because we are using the calendarHighlight feature and we enable this feature by adding code:-

calendarHighlightFeature={{
            calendar: 'event'
          }}

So we have to attach the calendar to the event. I have attached updated code using calendarHighlight feature.

Attachments
5.3.1_sampleApp.zip
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 11.20.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 11.20.28 PM.png (619.77 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Post by alex.l »

Why don't configure https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/api/SchedulerPro/feature/CalendarHighlight#config-calendar to resource and use ignoreResourceCalendar as suggested?

All the best,
Alex

Post by gorakh.nath »

Hi alex,

The above mentioned implementation does not work for our use-case.

In our use-case, for every event there is a specific unique interval [taskStartDate, taskEndDate] which we want to highlight for specific resources. And we are achieving this by creating a calendar with that interval and attaching it to event. And while highlighting we are using highlightEventCalendars and passing only the specific resources to highlight.

As per your recommendation, every time we are dragging a new event we have add and delete the calendars in all the resources which is not possible.

Please suggest a better fix for this.