Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by mightym »

We do not have a concept of "remounting" in the scheduler. React routing (usually) effectively means destroying the scheduler. Routing back therefore needs to recreate the instance completely, including the (loading of) data.

Sorry for the confusion here. That was my initial suspicion. But this is not the reason for the issue. I double checked that. I removed Everything besides the scheduler from my project. The issue is that the scheduler event's b-jsx-container is always empty for every event initially. As soon as I eg. zoom the timeline all b-jsx-container elements render my custom react component.

This could be a problem. Some internals are dependent on css classes.

This was just the reason why I didn't realize in the beginning that the events where there (my data is loaded).
And no, this also happens with the schedulers styles for the events applied. Also I'm not removing css classes. I'm just setting colors to transparent. So this shouldn't affect the scheduler logic. This is definitely not the cause of the issue.

Post by mightym »

I think I found the reason for my issue. I didn't realize that my test data has one event where start date and end date are reversed.
That means one event has a start date which is older than its end date. This causes that initially all events are in the grid but all react elements rendered via eventRenderer are not rendered. As soon as you force the scheduler to update the events (like mentioned via zooming or creating new events via click/drag) all react event components get rendered.

I'm not sure how the scheduler is handling such "invalid" data in general. I check now all events if start date is smaller than end date in my data and only pass that data to the scheduler.

Post by alex.l »

Ok, great. Do you need further assistance here?

All the best,
Alex

Post by mightym »

Well @alex.l the only thing is my question about how does the scheduler handle such "invalid" data in general? Because like I described: when I'm not using a custom eventRenderer all events are visible and working. Is it ignoring the invalid events?
If so why could then invalid event data cause that ALL event displayed via eventRenderer are not displayed

Post by alex.l »

It shouldn't be working like that.
There is might be some error in renderer, it won't be visible in console in some cases.
I would recommend you to check renderer code and make sure it doesn't throw runtime errors.

We could also help you with that. We need a runnable test case and steps to reproduce this.

All the best,
Alex