Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by jamesb »

Hello,

I'm using this demo to evaluate the drag & drop time resolution at increasing zoom levels:
https://bryntum.com/products/schedulerpro/examples-scheduler/drag-between-schedulers/

We noticed two to three inconsistencies that make it difficult for our users to easily drop events at precise times.

When zooming in, the drag & drop time resolution does not always become more granular
On this first example, I zoom in from a 2-week view using Ctrl+mouse wheel. The zoom level doesn't really increase as I still see a 2-week view, but the time resolution becomes coarser instead of finer, from 1 hour to 1 day!

zoom_in_1h_1day.mp4
(599.52 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Similarly, on this second example, I zoom in from a 12 h view, and the time resolution changes from 5 min to 30 min:

zoom_in_5min_30min.mp4
(712.06 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

In both cases, users are expecting finer drag&drop time resolutions the more they zoom in.

Insufficient time resolution steps
The default time resolution steps at decreasing zoom levels are not progressive enough: it goes straight from 5 s to 5 min (x60), and from 5 min to 30 min (x6).

While it is understandable that the steps should all be human-friendly time numbers, there could be more steps, especially in the range between 30 min and 5 s.
What do you think about adding drag&drop time resolutions of 10 s, 1 min, 10 min and/or 15 min?

Thank you,
J

Post by alex.l »

All the best,
Alex

Post by jamesb »

Thank you Alex for opening the ticket and providing relevant documentation!

I understand the viewPresets can be customized, though it does require a good amount of UX research and testing to get things right.
I believe good/granular defaults would benefit all users and customers. :)