Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by tegus-engineering »

Hi,

Child columns are rendering smaller than parent columns consistently when there are hidden child columns under the same parent (see screenshot, please). This misplaces subsequent columns. I've also attached the config and data that's getting passed to the Bryntum grid component.

Versions:
vue: 2.7.14
vite: 3.2.4
grid: 5.3.0
grid-vue: 5.2.7

Please let me know how this can be addressed, thank you!

Attachments
data.json
(450 Bytes) Downloaded 24 times
config.json
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
col-wrong.png
col-wrong.png (16.98 KiB) Viewed 354 times

Post by marcio »

Hey tegus-engineering,

Are you able to assemble a demo project with your configuration? I added your configuration to our basic demo and got no problems (as you'll see in the screenshot).

You can check the guidelines to build that sample project here https://www.bryntum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=772

Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 15.29.29.png
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 15.29.29.png (144.67 KiB) Viewed 349 times

Best regards,
Márcio

Hi, I did some further investigation after your reply, and it turns out that Bryntum's material theme was causing the bug. Switching to Stockholm theme that is the default used in demo versions (and I'm assuming on your screenshot) solved the issue. I'll play around this a bit more and let you know if I need more help. Thank you!

Post by marcio »

Hey, thanks for the clarification and great that you figure it out! :)

In our demo, changing the theme didn't make that behavior that you mentioned appear. If you could play around with latest version and see if that still happens, and if yes, share a sample project for us to check, that would be really helpful.

Best regards,
Márcio

I ended up adding the following css on top of stockholm theme - I'm posting it below for others if they are having a similar issue

.b-grid-header-text-content {
        flex: 1 1;
        width: 0;
      }

.b-grid-header-parent.b-level-0 { .b-grid-header-text { height: 40px; } .b-grid-header-children, .b-depth-0 * { height: auto; } }

Post by alex.l »

Hi, we have a ticket for this bug here https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/6549
You can subscribe on ticket updates to be notified when it fixed.

All the best,
Alex