Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by tomerPlanit »

Hi I use scheduler 5.3.1 with angular 14.
I work on print the scheduler by use:

window.print()

I succeeded the print flow with print multiple pages by change the scheduler height:

this.scheduler.height = '9999px';

and then run window.print()

It works fine, show pages but add some page brake after the scheduler time line in the print view:

צילום מסך 2023-03-26 151349.png
צילום מסך 2023-03-26 151349.png (34.97 KiB) Viewed 264 times

After debug we succeed to remove the page break by change "contain" to none from strict:

.b-gridbase .b-grid-panel-body:not(.b-autoheight) > .b-grid-body-container {
    contain: none !important;
}

But after this change the jobs became hidden:

צילום מסך 2023-03-26 151841.png
צילום מסך 2023-03-26 151841.png (32.86 KiB) Viewed 264 times

We try all page-break css options without success.

I create some domo for you based on big data set.

For reproduce click on the print button in the top.

How can I solve this issue?

Attachments
scheduler-big-data.rar
(113.3 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Post by mats »

We don't support Printing I'm afraid, we recommend you to use PDF export and then printing that instead.

Post by tomerPlanit »

Hey Mats,
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm aware that you currently do not have a print feature officially.
But we've succeeded to make a scheduler printable with some CSS tweaks and Logic manipulation of scheduler sizing etc.
We just lack "a dime to the dollar" to make it work, and I believe that quite a minor check, that's why we created a detailed demo with this CSS property that makes us the issue.

We'd really appreciate your help here, because a PDF export server is not an option for us due to some limitation in our infrastructure and regulation.

Post by mats »

Changing contain CSS property will likely have unintended consequences and it's not supported to change it like that. We will try to implement browser print in May, please follow this ticket for updates. https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2784