Post by shpkevin »

One of the main reasons for purchasing this tool was that we could create a detailed project "template" then duplicate it to make new instances.
Gantt for Odoo allowed this where native Odoo project module did not...

... until today where duplicating a project now loses all the dependencies. I tested this on the bryntum demo instance with same results.

This is crucial to our business so feedback is appreciated ...
https://www.loom.com/share/00931205179f4384a315eb67e293368a

Post by Terence »

Hi! This duplicate action belongs to the Project module, not our module. But anyway, easy to solve.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 18.03.04.png
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 18.03.04.png (82.72 KiB) Viewed 744 times

Enable subtasks in the project settings.

Post by shpkevin »

Sorry, this is not thee solution. The duplication action belongs to native Odoo, but your product was the first one I found where the task dependencies etc COUL be copied over.
We demo'd this with success prior to purchase, however now the behaviour has changed.
I have tried this on our live instance, sandbox instance and on your own dem instance.
Something has changed your end as last week this was working perfectly.
Thank you

Post by shpkevin »

Alternative is to have a duplicaton function within your module that overcomes this and allows a "template" project to be copied maintaining all sub tasks and dependencies. If possible, I would be willing to pay for this as a customisation if necessary

Post by Terence »

We have never actively supported the duplicate action. Enabling the subtasks brings back the subtasks.

For the dependencies it needs to be implemented because we store the dependencies separately from the native Odoo module. The code for copying the dependencies under this action was never there.

So actually I do not understand why it ever worked if it was not supported by the native project module.

That means we have to implement it. I can create a ticket for it.

Post by shpkevin »

Appreciate teh prompt response Terence.

Given your explanation, I have messed up then!!!
However, it is a great tool so this small hurdle, if we can overcome, will be perfect.

Please create a ticket and let me know if we can pay to expedite this?

Thank you

Post by Terence »

You can send a request to sales@bryntum.com. Meanwhile I will checkout what effort it will take to extend the copy action.

You need now: dependencies only? Or is more missing?

Post by shpkevin »

Dependencies only.

This was a roadblock for us moving our project management over to Odoo.

The Odoo function duplicates the project, tasks and sub-tasks - but the dependencies are lost.

Post by shpkevin »

Evening. I have sent a request to sales@ as advised but no response.
Did you have any joy with this please?
"Meanwhile I will checkout what effort it will take to extend the copy action."

So to chase so timely but this is a huge issue for us right now so it is appreciated, thank you

Post by mats »

We'll respond to your email soon!