Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by pfund »

I hope this message finds you well. I would like to report a bug regarding resource utilization control. It appears that when a task is scheduled exclusively during non-working hours, the task disappears from the workload entirely. In my opinion, this behavior is unexpected and should be considered a bug.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Create a new task.
  2. Set the task duration to be within non-working hours only (e.g., evenings or weekends).
  3. Save the task and confirm its scheduling.
  4. Check the workload during non-working hours.

Expected Result: The task should be visible and accounted for in the workload, even if it is scheduled exclusively during non-working hours. The task's duration should contribute to the overall workload calculations.

Actual Result: The task completely disappears from the workload during non-working hours. As a result, the workload is inaccurately displayed, and the task's duration is not considered.

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

When task set as https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/api/Gantt/model/TaskModel#field-manuallyScheduled its startDate won't be changed by auto-scheduling, but if calendar used, it will affect on task duration.
You can add another calendar that will have this period as working time and apply to task, it will allow you to see the result you expected.

All the best,
Alex

Post by pfund »

The solution actually worked for me. Just have to set the "ignoreResourceCalendar" flag and add a custom calendar to the task. Thanks a lot.