Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by vconstruct »

Hi Team,

We have been using the premium licenses for bryntum for about 6 months now but are facing some bugs and technical challenges with both bryntum gantt and calendar how can we setup a call with the bryntum team to get those resolved?

Post by mats »

Can you please share some context about the issues (+links to forum posts or open GitHub tickets) so we can look into it? Then we can discuss setting up a call.

Post by vconstruct »

Sure, let me compile a the list and get back to you

Post by vconstruct »

Hi Mats,

I am attaching below the tickets for the issues we are facing

1. viewtopic.php?t=24133
  2. viewtopic.php?t=25133

we also want to discuss and understand how bryntum calculates critical tasks and the critical path

Post by mats »

For this one: viewtopic.php?t=24133

Can you please upload a full test case we can run and debug?

Re viewtopic.php?t=25133, I just replied - you can perhaps upload the data on a file sharing service and provide us the link?

we also want to discuss and understand how bryntum calculates critical tasks and the critical path

I'll ask a colleague to chime in on this.

Post by arcady »

For general concept of the critical path method please see this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_path_method

The feature basically goes through the project tasks starting from the project end date and collects critical tasks (task has critical field indicating if its critical)

Post by vconstruct »

mats wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:17 pm

For this one: viewtopic.php?t=24133

Can you please upload a full test case we can run and debug?

We are facing some issues with the test case, a colleague of mine is currently updating that thread with his findings

We also want to understand the following :
if the tasks of a particular schedule are not manually scheduled do some sort of calculations also happen for task dependencies?

If yes, then will manually scheduling all the tasks in a schedule just disable those calculations for dependencies and just show us the default dependencies from the dependency data we push into bryntum?

The reason i am asking this is because i want to understand, if the later is true will it also remove the cyclic dependency issue we get since bryntum is not going to calculate anything and will only render the data

Post by vconstruct »

The feature basically goes through the project tasks starting from the project end date and collects critical tasks (task has critical field indicating if its critical)

so that means bryntum does not do any kind of calculations to figure out if a task is critical or not, correct?
It simply takes the value of critical from the data we provide

Post by mats »

No, we calculate it and you can read the critical field value to learn if a task is critical or not.

Note it's readOnly https://www.bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/api/Gantt/model/TaskModel#field-critical

Post by vconstruct »

can we override this calculation, suppose if we provide the critical field value ourselves can we prevent bryntum from doing this calculation?