Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by athan »

How to disable grid row handle events (click, hover, focus) other than overriding styles in CSS?

There is also a Popup showing when clicking random rows, which is not needed. Not 100% what data causes the popup but I guess disabling the handle events will prevent the popup from showing.

Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 5.14.06 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 5.14.06 PM.png (36.76 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Post by mats »

How to disable grid row handle events (click, hover, focus) other than overriding styles in CSS?

What are you looking to change, the hover appearance?

Can you reproduce the tooltips shown in our online demos too? If not, how can we reproduce what you are seeing in the image you posted?

Post by athan »

As mentioned, I simply do not want to change the row's hover and focus styling. I want them disabled. I want to prevent mouseovers and clicks from adding "hover" and "selected" CSS classes to the rows.

I also do not have problem implementing tooltips. I just want to prevent it from showing by totally disabling the click handle event in rows as well. I'm hoping there's some kind of config to disable them.

Post by mats »

As mentioned, I simply do not want to change the row's hover and focus styling. I want them disabled. I want to prevent mouseovers and clicks from adding "hover" and "selected" CSS classes to the rows.

Ok, there's no option to disable this completely so you'd have to apply the CSS overrides you need to have it "disabled".

I also do not have problem implementing tooltips. I just want to prevent it from showing by totally disabling the click handle event in rows as well. I'm hoping there's some kind of config to disable them.

Tooltips shouldn't be displayed as in the image you showed, I suspect something's wrong. Can you please let us know how you reproduce that?

Post by athan »

I did settle with CSS style overrides. Thanks for confirming.

As for the tooltip, I got to disabled it by:

<BryntumCalendar
     features={{
            eventTooltip: false,
     }}
/>