Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi again,

We did manage to track down an issue with longpress on touch laptops. Since I could not reproduce your issue, I cannot say if it fixes it. But it might, so would appreciate if you could please try again after next patch release and report back here

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by peterjc »

Ok, great, yes I will test it when a new build is out.

Will also test this one (viewtopic.php?t=23980) - also related to tap and hold but a bit different to this issue.

Post by tasnim »

Thank you, we'll be waiting for your report.

Post by peterjc »

Hi, does the release v5.3.5 contain the change for me to test?

Post by Animal »

Yes it does.

Post by peterjc »

OK, great.

I am stuck home with Covid at the moment, and the devices are all in the office, so may not be till next week till I can get back to the office and can have a look, but certainly will as soon as back in there.

Post by johan.isaksson »

Get well @peterjc!

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by peterjc »

johan.isaksson wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:34 am

Get well @peterjc!

Thankyou! :-)

Post by peterjc »

Hi all, I just upgraded to 5.3.6, from 5.2.9 and tested the hold and tap menu on all 3 tablet devices we have in the office.

Microsoft surface - (Tablet mode) It now does trigger an action when we select the item, so this now works where it did not before. The only weird thing is it also seems to make the on screen key board open (this does not happen on either Android or the iPad, only on this windows device)

iPad - The context menu shows, but then the single tap action also fires, in our case we display a custom edit popup. And then this also closes the context menu.

Android Samsung tablet - This still all works 100% (as it did before). The tap and hold shows the context menu, and selecting an item triggers the hander.

Peter

Post by fabio.mazza »

Hello Peter, could you, please, give us your listener implementation? It may help to reproduce your issue.

Best regards,
Fabio