Post by yousifamer »

Hello,

I noticed that when we update the task start and end date in the gantt view it is updating them in the task(project.task), however when we try to change the dates in the task (project.task) itself it is not updating them on the gantt view

is there a way to do it so ? because we have customization connected to the project which updates the dates in the task however it is not upating the gantt.

we are using odoo 15 and bryntum 2.0.3

Post by Terence »

We use the field planned_date_begin and planned_date_end. They are native in Project Enterprise. If you use the community version they might be neglected but you can updates those field in the task form field planned date.

Post by yousifamer »

Terence wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:53 pm

We use the field planned_date_begin and planned_date_end. They are native in Project Enterprise. If you use the community version they might be neglected but you can updates those field in the task form field planned date.

Hello Terrence,

i am changing them however the gantt view is not updating based on that
gantt

CaptureBrynt.PNG
CaptureBrynt.PNG (32.22 KiB) Viewed 1417 times

here for example i changed the planned start date but it didn't update on the gantt

Screenshot 2023-05-24 161146.png
Screenshot 2023-05-24 161146.png (59.94 KiB) Viewed 1417 times

Post by Terence »

Confirmed, we will take a look into this.

Post by yousifamer »

Terence wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:38 pm

Confirmed, we will take a look into this.

i believe it was some sort of glitch where even though it was manually schedualed tasks it was treating them as if they where automated, i ended up solving the issue by unchecking the manual schedualing checkbox and then activating it again which made it work, the issue has not repeated since.

Post by Terence »

I doubt I was able to replicate. The fix is in version 2.0.4. If duration was set on a task, then it will take the duration from startdate, resulting in displaying a different enddate in the Odoo task form.

Duration is set when you have modified a certain task in the Gantt chart. Probably that is the reason you were not able to replicate it again.

Post by manou »

Hello,
did you find any solution for this?
We still have this issue in v15 community edition with version 2.0.7
it's 1 day différence

Attachments
date_1-day_prob.png
date_1-day_prob.png (90.31 KiB) Viewed 1108 times

Post by Terence »

I think this is correct, it finishes at 08/14/2023 at 00 hours

Post by manou »

We are expecting to see the same date in the gantt view, this is frustrating for the users.
It's not only the end date but also the start date, in my example, the tasks start date in form view 08/07 and in gantt 08/08 it's not the same thing.

Post by Terence »

Is this task auto scheduled? Then it might shift.