Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by takafumi ohtake »

Hi, Bryntum support

I'm updating Bryntum Gantt to V5 for our product.
But, I'm facing a problem that undo/redo is often broken in V5 with the error below.

gantt.module.js?457330:68 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'get')
    at F.equality (gantt.module.js?457330:68:789031)
    at EngineTransaction.onQuarkCalculationCompleted (gantt.module.js?457330:68:417017)
    at EngineTransaction.calculateTransitionsStackGen (gantt.module.js?457330:68:420674)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at EngineTransaction.calculateTransitions (gantt.module.js?457330:68:418661)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at runGeneratorAsyncWithEffect (gantt.module.js?457330:68:385855)
    at gantt.module.js?457330:68:415583

This is reproduced in your demo app https://bryntum.com/examples/gantt/advanced/.

undo_redo_broken.mp4
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 57 times

I can't find out the exact condition to reproduce it. But, it happens very frequently while I edit Gantt charts.

This is similar to viewtopic.php?f=51&t=19407&p=95948&hilit=onQuarkCalculationCompleted#p95948. However, this problem seems to occur much more frequently.
I think this bug is critical and it blocks us from updating Bryntum Gantt. So, could you fix it? And, if it takes more than a month, could you please tell me a workaround for the bug?

Post by alex.l »

Thank you for the report! We understand how important to have this feature for you. We have a ticket for that here https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4393 marked as regression which means it has very high prio for our team.

All the best,
Alex

Post by nickolay »

@takafumi ohtake Hi, can you please provide more detailed steps to reproduce the issue? The video you uploaded seems to be corrupted - does not play for me.

Post by takafumi ohtake »

Hi nickolay,

This is the original video that is not corrupted.

undo_redo_broken.mp4
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 25 times

And I tried to reproduce it with the latest version.
But I couldn't reproduce it. So it seems to be fixed.

Regards,
Takafumi

Post by nickolay »

Glad to hear that, thanks for checking!