Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by Hanterdro »

Hello,

perhaps I'm just blind, but how can I save the the test results in a file?
I cant copy the results to the clip board via Firefox, because I cant select the whole result because of the output HTML ;)

Is there a secret Button for saving as txt or a internal function which sends the test result via ajax to an server where i can save the results eg in a database...?

Post by mats »

Typically you'd do this when you run Siesta on the command line. The. It would be easy to just emit the results
And save as a file or to a DB.

Post by Hanterdro »

ah ok... but this is not in the light version? so we need the standart version? (we are atm just testing extjs and siesta for a really big project ;) )

and have to use PhantomJS or Selenium?

Post by mats »

Yes, you need the full version for this. You could use both phantom and selenium, depending on which browsers you want to test (PhantomJS is WebKit only).

Post by Hanterdro »

Ok, that would be selenium for us, because we have to test in a lot of browser ;)

My colleague from the QA worked with selenium for a Qooxdoo Application (Qooxdoo is like Extjs, If you don't know this nice framework).

But selenium needed IDs, it was very difficult to implement those in Qooxdoo.
Extjs works with dynamic IDs and I don't want to use hard IDs because of dynamic content. Thats why we want to use Siesta, because have access over the Extjs syntax (like ItemIds...).

The question is, if we use selenium with the siesta standard edtion, do we need for selenium IDs?

And sorry, I never worked with selenium before... I have absolute no clue for what is selenium excatly need with siesta.... ;) But I think only for automatic mass tests?

Post by mats »

You only use Selenium RC for the automation part (running the Siesta tests in various browsers). https://seleniumhq.org/projects/remote-control/

You do not use Selenium for integrating with the page/application, Siesta handles that. Selenium is a true pain to use with any type of advanced JS application.