Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by mats »

We'll start looking at this in the next day or two then we'll know more. If it's something low-hanging, perhaps this can be part of v5.4.
Does it get better if you remove these configs?

autoRowHeight: true,
      minRowHeight: 100,

Post by Animal »

Can we get more information about this? What version of Calendar are you running?

I have run this code and clicking "Next month" with that exact code takes 110ms

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 09.57.38.png
Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 09.57.38.png (840.04 KiB) Viewed 145 times

Post by accounts@projul.com »

@animal if you try using the calendar with 2000 events, it will go slower. On shift next & previous it depends if in the next month there is less data then it quick loads up. The code that i have shared with you is only creating the events for month of june. may be you can create around 2000 events per month starting from april to august and then shifting among these months will reproduce the performance issues. The calendar version that we are using is 5.3.1. But the performance issues I am recording at https://bryntum.com/products/calendar/examples/megadataset/
I am unsure of the version used in your above example page.

Here is the demo video:
https://video.projul.com/watch/KVDRNkaFcoB1RZ2EkJEcUw?

I think the main problem is the large no of dom nodes that gets rendered. As seems like just like bryntum scheduler control that use virtual scroll depending on the date range in visible view port it only renders those events in dom. Calendar is not doing the same thing.

@mats removing the autoRowHeight: true, is definitely better. As it shows only few events in calendar with show more action. We are using show more for our mobile apps view. But for our web app we don't want to use the show more instead we want to show all the events in that month in stacked form.

Post by Animal »

As you can see, the screenshot has 2000 events and a 100ms shiftNext call.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 10.40.59.png
Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 10.40.59.png (431.44 KiB) Viewed 106 times

The way you describe your app sounds a little worrying. The optimum strategy is to just load the store with all events and then that's it. It contains your events.