Our flexible Kanban board for managing tasks with drag drop

Post by jasonlunsford »

Dear Support,

I would like to start this thread as a place to report alpha-3 defects, as we uncover them. We have already found one.

When the user toggles the TaskBoard column collapse feature the column collapses as expected. HOWEVER, when the user attempts to expand the column again, TaskBoard crashes COMPLETELY. Here is the error raised in console:

Error output to console
Error output to console
Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 09.16.51.png (513.89 KiB) Viewed 844 times

Note that we are running the following packages:

Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 09.18.21.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 09.18.21.png (61.32 KiB) Viewed 844 times

And we've set "useDomTransition" to FALSE in the configuration for the TaskBoard.

I cannot provide a complete code base, but I'm happy to provide code snippets as needed.

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

I tried to reproduce it with taskboard inline-data demo. But Wasn't able to reproduce it. What else need to be done to reproduce it?

Post by jasonlunsford »

Hi Tasnim,

You might need to run this locally. I suggest standing up a "taskboard-trial@5.6.0-alpha-3" instance, using the package.json configuration I outlined above. Once you have this in place the defect should be easy to reproduce.

Post by alex.l »

Please kindly attach full application here, it works as expected to me using our demo app and your package.json configs.
Here is a video:

Screen Recording 2023-09-20 at 10.27.03.mov
(7.32 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Here is a demo app

column-header-menu.zip
(2.68 MiB) Downloaded 52 times

All the best,
Alex

Post by Animal »

Looks like it is reaching an element resize listener when the Scroller is destroyed.

Who is destroying what, and when, and why?

Complex components with deep, managed DOM, and a complex state like a Scheduler should be long lived. They are not transient light bits of DOM like an input form.