Our flexible Kanban board for managing tasks with drag drop

Post by stophi-dev »

Is it possible to map multiple values of a column field to a single column?
So in the following example, I want to map 'planned' and 'test failed' to the same column.
If a card is droppend in thatcolumn, the user would have to decide which value it should get: 'planned' or 'test failed'.

The code is not working, the first column is not shown, but I think it illustrates the idea.

const taskBoard = new TaskBoard({
    appendTo: document.body,

columnField: 'status',
columns: [
    ['planned', 'test failed'],
    'in progress',
    'ready for approval',
    'completed'
],

project: {
    tasksData: [
        {
            id: 1,
            name: 'Bug with rendering',
        },
        {
            id: 2,
            name: 'Failed persists',
        },
        {
            id: 3,
            name: 'XSS Injection',
        },
        {
            id: 4,
            name: 'Heisenbug',
        }
    ]
}
});

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

I'm a bit confused with the idea.

When user drops a task to that column then the user gets to decide title of the task?
Let's say the user selected planned, so the name of that task will be changed to planned

Do I get it right? or you mean something else?

Post by stophi-dev »

No, the title of the task won't be changed. Only the status of the task will be changed to 'planned'. So until here it's the normal behavior.

But now we want to map two values to a single column ('planned' and 'test failed'). As far as I can see, this is not possible, but maybe I am overlooking something. Now, as two status values are in the same column, dropping the task in the column is ambiguous. So we need a way (e.g. a popup) where the user can select the desired status 'planned' or 'test failled'.

Post by marcio »

Hey stophi-dev,

That's not supported by default, I created a ticket for that discussion https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/7736

Best regards,
Márcio