Post by grantman1 »

usamagull wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:46 am

Hi,
I have tried to replicate your scenario. But the duration is working fine can you please make these steps again with recording so I can have more information on why it is not working correctly in your scenario?

Or Could the error I am having now be due this sitting?

Please see the screenshot below.

Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-08 102134.png
Screenshot 2023-09-08 102134.png (119.78 KiB) Viewed 1047 times

Post by usamagull »

The issue is not with these settings. Can you please try to replicate the scenario again and record the video so that we can better idea. Thanks

Post by grantman1 »

usamagull wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:38 pm

The issue is not with these settings. Can you please try to replicate the scenario again and record the video so that we can better idea. Thanks

Hello, I have attached the video below.

Attachments
Challenge with Gank Chat on Project.mp4
(9.7 MiB) Downloaded 80 times

Post by usamagull »

Hi, We have verified the issues. It is most probably because of the Start/End Date in the past. Moreover, I have created this issue on github and will fix this ASAP. You can check the issue on github by following this link: https://github.com/bryntum/odoo-support/issues/125#issue-1890102468

Post by grantman1 »

usamagull wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:53 am

Hi, We have verified the issues. It is most probably because of the Start/End Date in the past. Moreover, I have created this issue on github and will fix this ASAP. You can check the issue on github by following this link: https://github.com/bryntum/odoo-support/issues/125#issue-1890102468

Hello, I just did this test and it is still incorrect even when the time is the future. please see the attachment below.

Attachments
bryntum.png
bryntum.png (193.02 KiB) Viewed 926 times

Post by arcady »

Hello,
I've checked the provided video and it looks like the project has hoursPerDays config set to 24. Doing this means that 1 day unit equals 24 hours.
So the task duration is 5 days = 5 * 24 = 120 hours.
But the project calendar allows to work for 8 hours/day only.
That's why the task lasts for three weeks.

So to sum up the solutions are either:

1. change the project to use a 24 hours/day calendar (like general calendar from your screenshot)
  2. change the project hoursPerDay value to 8.

Post by arcady »

Post by grantman1 »

arcady wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:06 am

Hello,
I've checked the provided video and it looks like the project has hoursPerDays config set to 24. Doing this means that 1 day unit equals 24 hours.
So the task duration is 5 days = 5 * 24 = 120 hours.
But the project calendar allows to work for 8 hours/day only.
That's why the task lasts for three weeks.

So to sum up the solutions are either:

1. change the project to use a 24 hours/day calendar (like general calendar from your screenshot)
  2. change the project hoursPerDay value to 8.

Hello arcady

I have tried it and it worked when i changed the calendar to general. Please do you know how can i set the entire project calendar to general? so it can all display correctly. Option (1) i mean.

Post by arcady »

It's just meant to be part of the data you load into the Gantt. I don't know how it's done in Odoo but this is for example how loaded data look in our demos (I just replaced real data with ... to reduce its size):

{
  "success" : true,
  "project" : {
    "calendar"     : "general",
    "startDate"    : "2019-01-14",
    "hoursPerDay"  : 24,
    "daysPerWeek"  : 5,
    "daysPerMonth" : 20
  },
  "calendars" : {
    "rows" : [
    ]
  },
  "tasks" : {
    "rows" : [...]
  },
  "dependencies" : {
  },
  "resources" : {
  },
  "assignments" : {
  }
}

As you can see the data just has project property with the project field values including calendar.