Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by ayub »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:08 pm

Scheduler or Calendar?

You mention Calendar and show a Calendar stack trace, but the screenshot is of a Scheduler.

I'm using Calendar. It has many modes — standard week/month/year and also list/timeline views (which work like Grid and Scheduler). That's why I was asking about JSX, since it seemed like the calendar module uses Grid/Scheduler under the hood.

In terms of using heavy framework components inside calendar — I agree that there is usually no need for the complex logic inside of the events. However, using JSX (and therefore React components) is more convenient and makes it easier to write, style and share code across the app. I can get away with using string renderers, but It will require me to duplicate some code.

Post by ghulam.ghous »

Hi Ayub,

We will implement them in near future. We can understand that having all the flexibility of using JSX to write custom components is more convenient. Hopefully we'll get them done soon. Though calendar uses Grid and Scheduler under the hood but few things are separately implemented in the Calendar like eventRenderer. So it does not support the JSX as supported by eventRenderer in the scheduler.

Regards,
Ghous

Post by Animal »

The timeline view is a Scheduler instance. So the issue is in Scheduler?

Post by Animal »

This will already work in the upcoming release if you have a custom HTML element defined which encapsulates your component:

renderer() {
    return '<custom-element>...</custom-element>';
}