Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by lucacervo98 »

Good morning,
reading the changelog of the latest Gantt version we noticed that you've added the effort field for assignments.

We believe that it's a nice new feature but we discovered that, if we change the task duration, the assignment effort is recalculated only when closing (saving) the task editor.

Do you believe that this behavior is correct or is it a bug? Shouldn't the assignment effort be recalculated automatically when changing the task duration?

Thank you in advance.

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

I see that changing the task duration is changing the effort of the assignment.

chrome_KOqKJDq9aG.gif
chrome_KOqKJDq9aG.gif (1.37 MiB) Viewed 230 times

I apologize If I didn't get what you're referring to, Could you please share an image of what you are referring to?

Post by lucacervo98 »

Yes, changing the duration like that works correctly.

In my situation i wanted to show the assignment effort inside the task editor, near the units (don't mind the other 2 columns on the right).

TaskEditor.png
TaskEditor.png (151.06 KiB) Viewed 229 times

If i change the units then the assignment effort updates correctly, but if i try to change the task duration here (inside the task editor) then, when i come back to the resources tab, the assignment effort is still the same. So it doesn't update automatically.

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

Thank you for your report. We'll investigate it. Here is the ticket https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/8674

Best regards,
Tasnim

Post by lucacervo98 »

Hi Tasnim,
testing more inside the task editor i discovered something that could be useful to fix the issue.

So, like i said, this is the problem i have now:

• this is the current situation i have:
    1.png
    1.png (159.29 KiB) Viewed 197 times
  • if i try to change the task duration (always inside the task editor) the assignment efforts remain the same:
    2.png
    2.png (157.44 KiB) Viewed 197 times

What i discovered is that if you delete an assignment, in this case i deleted the CMC resource, then updating the task duration will update the assignment efforts correctly:

3.png
3.png (154.14 KiB) Viewed 197 times

Post by tasnim »

Thank you very much, I'll add a note about your this to the ticket.

Good Luck :),
Tasnim