Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by malwina »

Hi!

We just spotted that if we have a date set in a different month than the current one the month name in the calendar datepicker is wrong. As you can see in the screenshot, the name for the month is February (as the start date is set in Feb), but the month being displayed is actually March. If I pick any date there, it will translate to a March date.

What could be the issue here? Could there be something wrong with our config? The dates we're passing are UTC, and the format displayed is based on the user's locale - in this case, it's DD/MM/YYYY.

columns: [
  { field: 'name', type: 'name', width: 250, text: 'Task name' },
  {
        type: 'startdate',
        text: 'Start date',
        format: dateFormat, // DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY
        sortable(task1, task2) {
        }
      },
  { type: 'enddate', text: 'End date', format: dateFormat }
]

5.6.7 Gantt (issue was spotted in 5.6.6) on SF Spring '24 release.

Attachments
calendar.png
calendar.png (113.99 KiB) Viewed 247 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

I do not see that problem on our side, can you please also provide a data you used to make sure if it depends on it?

All the best,
Alex

Post by Animal »

Am I missing something?

The month being displayed in the screenshot is February 2024. Which runs from the 1st to the 29th this year.

March, as always, runs till the 31st.

And you can always see what date is going to be picked when you click by looking at the DOM.

So as you see below, "2024-02-01" when you click on the first of Feb:

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 16.19.24.png
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 16.19.24.png (313.79 KiB) Viewed 216 times

Post by malwina »

Animal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:21 pm

Am I missing something?

The month being displayed in the screenshot is February 2024. Which runs from the 1st to the 29th this year.

Yes, you're right, sorry, I attached the wrong screenshot. Below is the right one. The date is the 4th of March, the calendar being displayed is Feb, and the name of the month is March. If I select the date, it's correct given the calendar being displayed. There is no issue there. The only thing that is confusing here is the name of the month. Also, when using the navigation arrows, sometimes the view doesn't change for a few clicks.

This does not happen every time and I'm still trying to figure out the exact steps to reproduce. Was just wondering if you have maybe encountered this issue before. I will follow up with our QA team if they've noticed any pattern.

alex.l wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:07 pm

Hi,

I do not see that problem on our side, can you please also provide a data you used to make sure if it depends on it?

There you go:

{
  id: "a0sO9000000GUmvIAG",
  name: "Orange",
  startDate: "2024-03-12T00:00:00",
  endDate: "2024-04-18T23:59:59",
  expanded: false,
  manuallyScheduled: true,
  calendar: "general",
  disableWeekends: false,
  parentName: "None",
  hasMilestone: false,
  milestoneName: "",
  phaseId: "a0TO90000088Xs2MAE",
  phaseName: "Phase #1a 333333",
  listId: "a0JO9000000UmLtMAK",
  listName: "Complete",
  order: 2,
  contributorIds: [],
  hierarchyLevel: 1,
  subtaskCount: 0,
  eventColor: "#4AA6AC",
  categoryName: "",
  complete: true,
  chatterItemsCount: 0,
  checklistItemsCount: 0,
  completedChecklistItemsCount: 0,
  filesCount: 0
}

Thank you both!

Attachments
calendar.png
calendar.png (113.56 KiB) Viewed 202 times

Post by Animal »

Yes, I see. If the date exists in the display, even if it's in the "other month", then the display is not updated to navigate to the new month.

I think this is a regression.

Post by Animal »

Post by malwina »

Thank you for your help!