Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by nvondru »

I'm using

CTRL+mousewheel

, however the users of the final application might want a visual control element alongside the shortcut. Also, is the zoom-step/speed of

ctrl+mousewheel

somehow adjustable? I tried disabling it and building my own implementation, however I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted to (the main issue was, that I couldn't figure out how to zoom with the mouse position as the anchor to zoom towards)

Post by Animal »

Yes, the speed is fixed. We should offer a multiplication factor so that it is tunable. That should be easy.

The zoomTo and zoomBy methods offer a zoomCenter parameter which is the y offset down the day scrolling viewport to use as the zoom point.

https://bryntum.com/products/calendar/docs/api/Calendar/widget/DayView#function-zoomBy

Post by Animal »

nvondru wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:32 pm

Yes, i've noticed that issue too (there's some more that were not visible during this showcase). And i'll continue working on those.
I'm working off the docs and examples as much as i can, but there are some thigns i couldn't figure out yet. May i bother you with some (hopefully) minor questions about specific things i'd like to adjust?
If yes (i don't want to take too much of your time) where should i do so? Open new posts or continue in here?

Also, I have the JSON ready for you, where/how can I send it to you?

I think support[at]bryntum.com will reach us all, and I will take charge of it.

Post by marcio »

Hey nvondru,

Regarding your questions

I'm working off the docs and examples as much as i can, but there are some thigns i couldn't figure out yet. May i bother you with some (hopefully) minor questions about specific things i'd like to adjust?
If yes (i don't want to take too much of your time) where should i do so? Open new posts or continue in here?

Yes, you can question us whenever you need assistance, we're here to help! :)
If it's related to this topic, you can keep asking on this thread, if it's a different issue/question, we try to maintain one topic per thread in the forums.

Also, I have the JSON ready for you, where/how can I send it to you?

If it's ok for you, you can attach to the forums, we have a part to add files here (perhaps zip it, just in case). Or you can send to support[at]bryntum.com

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by nvondru »

I sent the sample data to your email and will open new threads for my other questions, thanks

Post by Animal »

Update: The fixes for dynamically changing the day range are in progress and being tested. It's quite delicate knowing which way a view knows the time range that it covers.

• startDate -> endDate. Setting the start date alone moves the view forwards or backwards maintaining the duration, so must set the end date. Setting the start date when an end date is also incoming just changes the startDate internal property.
  • startDate, range. The endDate is a read-only property resulting from a calculation based on start date and range.

This was the issue. The changes are still being tested, and will not make it into the imminent 5.6.9 release, but we will follow up with a further release as soon as this issue is completed.

A new example will illustrate managing an arbitrary date range in DayViews with horizontal and vertical zooming:

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 09.51.19.png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 09.51.19.png (787.76 KiB) Viewed 346 times

Post by Animal »

Further update.

This change has been moved into the 6.0.0 product timeframe.

The alpha for that is planned soon, so you will be able to get a version to test as soon as the alpha release is announced.