Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by droptableusers »

Dear Bryntum,

We would like to solve the following problem: If the Calendar does not yet contain any events, the AgendaView will report that there are no events. On the other hand, we would like to place an AgendaColumn that renders the actual day, and if you right-click on it, you can create an event for the given day.
I found the emptyString option for AgendaView, but I don't know how to create a Column that works for me.
The problem is that if there are no events in the calendar, then in the Agenda view, you cannot right-click to create an event.

I really appreciate any comments.

Best Regards,
Adri

Post by Animal »

OK, so this would be a special ability for a single day Agenda View?

Probably no point in having a week, month or year ranged agenda view showing cells for dates with no events.

It would show a day cell for its sole date, but with no content?

So it might look like this?

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 14.07.25.png
Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 14.07.25.png (213.83 KiB) Viewed 123 times

Post by Animal »

Could add a cell for the start date if there are no cells at all for any range. I suppose it should be behind a config now, so what should we call it?

showAtLeastOneCell : true? 😀

I'd like a better, terser name than that, I'm open to suggestions.

Just a tweak to how the grid store is populated from the cellMapEntries:

// If configured to do so, ensure there is always a cell for the start date if the range turns out to be empty,
        // so that user has something to interact with
        if (me.showAtLeastOneCell && !cellMapEntries.length) {
            cellMapEntries.push(me.createCellData(me.startDate));
        }

Post by Animal »

Post by droptableusers »

Hey,

Yes, more or less this is the goal, but it is important that the current day is displayed. Additionally, it is also important that if you right-click on the Field (Widget), you can create an event. For example, as you can see in the attached image.

I really appreciate your answer.

Best Regards,
Adri

Attachments
Képernyőkép 2024-07-09 15-22-58.png
Képernyőkép 2024-07-09 15-22-58.png (27.21 KiB) Viewed 110 times

Post by Animal »

So you have the Agenda set to cover a range of 1 month. The calendar date is set to 15th July 2024. July has no events.

It should show an empty cell for the 15th July 2024?

And if you click on other dayes in the sidebar's datepicker, it updates to show those dates in the Agenda even though they are empty. That could be a useful addition to allow user interaction. I'll update the ticket.

Post by Animal »

So I have it working like this:

showCurrentDate.mov
(966.85 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Post by droptableusers »

Hey Animal,

This is exactly what we want. This happens with us, right, because we filter out events before the current date and therefore older events are not displayed. The calendar basically opens on the Agenda tab and if there is no event, they cannot create an event. That's why we need this feature.

Please let me know how can we do it :)

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Adri

Post by alex.l »

Hi Adri,

Please subscribe on ticket updates to know when it fixed and released https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/9547
Btw, ticket has some notes in comments that might help you for a workaround if you can't wait.

All the best,
Alex