Discuss anything related to web development but no technical support questions

Post by mfrancia »

ok mats

im going to prepare a new solution with my escenario and with my database and send to you, but what about the scriptmanager, i found that i comment the ext dynamischeduleview it works.

Post by mats »

If you can prepare a full ASP.NET solution for me then I'll take a look at the scriptmanager issue too :)

Post by mfrancia »

hi mats

i prepared a solution with all my files and a db attached, this demo works with webservices like your demo. thanks for your time I hope you have a solution to my problems.
PD: This demo works with VS2010

thanks
Attachments
demo.rar
(554.88 KiB) Downloaded 342 times

Post by mats »

Will try to have an answer for you on Monday, about to board my flight :)

Post by mats »

You have commented out the closing '</div>' of the eventTemplate. That's what's causing the rendering error...

//    Specialized template with header and footer
            eventTemplate: new Ext.Template(
            '<div id="{id}" style="top:{top}px; width:{width}px;left:{leftOffset}px" class="sch-event {cls}">' +
                '<div class="sch-event-inner">' +
                   '<span class="sch-event-header"></span>' +
                   '<div class="sch-event-footer">{footerText}</div>' +
                   String.format(Sch.SchedulerPanel.prototype.resizeHandleHtml, 'east') +
                   String.format(Sch.SchedulerPanel.prototype.resizeHandleHtml, 'west') +
                '</div>' +
            '</div>').compile(),

Post by mats »

Your ScriptManager error is caused by MS and Ext augmenting Date.format. Add this line in your App.js (inside Ext.onReady) and it'll work again:
Date.prototype.format = Date.prototype.dateFormat;

Post by mfrancia »

hi mats

this is great it works very well thanks a lot

i need one more thing how can i fire a button click event to search for a specific task in my schedule, i need to pass parameters to my web service, if you can see in the demo i need to pass a specific group and filter criteria (this is the name of the task), well in general i need to pass parameters to the schedule and my web service too, but the parameters come from asp.net controls outside the scheduler.

thanks

Post by mats »

Hmm, try assigning an id to those external asp.net controls and read their value in a 'beforeload' handler. Even better, use Ext controls instead of asp.net :)

Post by mfrancia »

hi mats

please do you have an example of this?

thanks

Post by mats »

I cannot help you with the specific ASP.NET controls, but that should be easy to figure out. What I meant with the Ext part was:
yourStore.on('beforeload', function(s, o) {
    var yourControl = Ext.get('someId'); // You'll have to figure out how to read the values of your ASP.NET controls
    o.params = {
        // Set your data to be passed to your server here, eg. foo:'bar'
    };
});