Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by Prashanth Jayaram »

i am planning to use siesta , i downloaded the zipped file and extracted that , now am little confused and stuck up in using that , i mean setting it up is the place where am stuck , can any one help me out of that ... read documents of the getting started still am not able to proceed can any one tell me it step by step so that i will be able to proceed ..Also I downloaded and Installed Apache Server as its specified in the getting started document that a Web Server is needed.... plzzzzz Help me :( :( :(

Post by nickolay »

Ok, please refer to the getting started guide for step-by-step instructions. Also see our numerous examples in the /examples folder (you need to open the /examples/browse-all-desktop.html file in your browser)

Post by jakub »

Also for the examples to work, you need to have your web server running locally (or remotely). If you choose to have it locally, then place the folder with siesta in your server folder and run the examples in your browser with localhost://Siesta/examples/ .
JavaScript/Angular/ExtJS consulting - kuba@virtualdesign.pl

thanks a lotss for your help .. i finished ma setup and started using it :)

regards
Prashanth

i have small query , i Ran the siesta examples in the Apache server it works fine but when i tried to execute the example which is given in the Getting Started document its not working , i placed the Harness file namely index.js , and placed index.HTML and 010_sanity.t.js in a folder as per said and tried to launch it in the browser via Http , but its not working a blank page only appears :(

ALSO i wanna know whether it will support extjs version 2.0.2

Post by mats »

Can you post your current html/js code so we can see it?

Ext JS 2.0.2 hasn't been tested so I can't really say. We're focusing mainly on Ext 4 and 3.

Post by nickolay »

Sure, Ext2.0.2 is supported like any other library (siesta is a generic testing tool with optimized layer for Ext4). You will need to use a generic harness class though: Siesta.Harness.Browser

What does it mean by "generic harness class" ??

i had placed this file in my Project "tests" as index.js:

var Harness = Siesta.Harness.Browser;

Harness.configure({
title : 'Awesome Test Suite',

preload : [
'../ext-4.0.6/resources/css/ext-all.css',
'../resources/yourproject-css-all.css',

'../ext-4.0.6/ext-all-debug.js',
'../yourproject-all.js'
]
});

Harness.start(
'010_sanity.t.js',
'020_basic.t.js'
);

but its not working out.....

Post by nickolay »

This one is generic harness class (not optimized for any framework)
var Harness = Siesta.Harness.Browser;
Check for the 404 errors in the "Net" tab of Firebug

Post by jakub »

Are you getting any errors in the console ?
JavaScript/Angular/ExtJS consulting - kuba@virtualdesign.pl