Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by satishkn »

Hi,

In our application we are using extjs 4.0.2 and have used tree(s) and treegrid(s) as well as simple grids.

We have tried to test our application with tree(s) and treegrids, but we are unable to find the elements.

Wanted to find out if testing of trees are supported. If so, would appreciate if you can share your suggestions to test the same.

Regards,
-Satish

Post by jakub »

What do you mean by 'we are unable to find the elements' ? Can you elaborate a bit more about the problem you have ? Testing of Tree structures is supported indeed.
JavaScript/Angular/ExtJS consulting - kuba@virtualdesign.pl

Post by mats »

If you have an issue with your tests, please post an isolated test case. The Siesta SDK contains a Tree drag drop demo, so for sure it works!

Post by satishkn »

Hi,

Let me explain the use case / the challenge I am facing - to select a node at nth level of the tree..

In our application, there is a tree panel. The root node has 5 children. I would like to select a child.
The tree is collapsed initially. For me to select a child, do I have to click on expander icon of the root node, and then select the child.

If I have to select the child when the parent node/root node is collapsed, what would be the best way to achieve the same.

Thanks for your time.

-Satish

Post by mats »

Yes, you need to expand the node first. There are no dom nodes for invisible tree nodes.

Post by JaiveekShah »

Can anybody please tell me how to add a new parent node to in between 2 parent nodes..?
I this Example of Basic tree d new is added at the bottom of all nodes...!!!
please help me.

Post by jakub »

Already answered to your post in different forum, but try this : https://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/ap ... sertBefore
JavaScript/Angular/ExtJS consulting - kuba@virtualdesign.pl