Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by alex.l »

Yes, you'll be needed to launch that code in some port on your remote server and setup URLs in feature configs to use that.

All the best,
Alex

Post by shimnx »

Do I need to package the serve file, how do I publish to the server, we have no experience with NodeJS

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
Export server is a simple web application which receives HTTP requests and sends out HTTP responses. It runs with a command line that does not require any NodeJS experience.
Running it on the server depends on what your server is. If you have access to the file system and remote shell, running node process on the server is the same as on the local machine.

Tricky part here is how to make export server on the remote machine to load styles correctly. This section is covered in the resources section in server README.md. Long story short - you need to make sure export server running on remote machine can access stylesheets that exported page is using.

Post by shimnx »

If I publish the Node service to our cloud server, do I have to apply for a separate domain name for the service, or how do I run the service

Post by shimnx »

Maxim Gorkovsky wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:49 pm

Hello.
Export server is a simple web application which receives HTTP requests and sends out HTTP responses. It runs with a command line that does not require any NodeJS experience.
Running it on the server depends on what your server is. If you have access to the file system and remote shell, running node process on the server is the same as on the local machine.

Tricky part here is how to make export server on the remote machine to load styles correctly. This section is covered in the resources section in server README.md. Long story short - you need to make sure export server running on remote machine can access stylesheets that exported page is using.

If I publish the Node service to our cloud server, do I have to apply for a separate domain name for the service, or how do I run the service

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
Sorry for long response. General idea of the export server is that it exists separately from the app, so app has to know address of the server to refer to. It is possible to run server on the same host on a different port too - it is just a web app after all.
Does that answer your question?

Post by shimnx »

I want to pass some extra parameters when I call the export interface.

Post by alex.l »

All the best,
Alex

Post by shimnx »

What should I do if I want to listen for an end of request event?

pdfExport : {
                exportServer : 'https://qakimigatewaybe.schaefflercn.com/pp/gateway/api/app/project-task/export-gantt-pdf',

// Development config
            translateURLsToAbsolute :true,
            openAfterExport:true,
            openInNewTab:false,
            listeners: {
                beforeRequest:(data)=>{
                    console.log(data)
                }
            },
            // For production replace with this one. See README.md for explanation
            // translateURLsToAbsolute : 'https://localhost:8080/resources/', // Trailing slash is important
            keepPathName : false
        },

Post by alex.l »

All the best,
Alex