Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by kristi.paulausky »

Is there a way that I can possibly sort a calendar row, for instance all Day events, beyond a single day so that I can control the vertical order of items. For instance, in the screen capture below, I would like the Unavailable time to vertically be above the MedicalEvent. I understand that I can sort on a single day, but would like to include items that have different start dates. Thank you!

Attachments
image.png
image.png (138.33 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Last edited by kristi.paulausky on Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Animal »

Event bars in any cell are affected by event bars intruding from previous days.

The rendering of that long event in its own cell cannot know when creating the starting cell, that it has to leave one and only one blank cell at the top because further down the line you are going to be wanting an empty cell left at the top.

Just look at one of the more complex examples how the bars flow and interlock.

Post by kristi.paulausky »

Thanks for the quick reply! We were hoping to mimic the behavior in google calendar for Unavailable Time where it is placed at the top.

Attachments
image (1).png
image (1).png (24.99 KiB) Viewed 453 times

Post by alex.l »

This feature is coming soon, should be released in 5.3.0

Attachments
image.png
image.png (194.72 KiB) Viewed 452 times

All the best,
Alex

Post by Animal »

This new feature renders TimeRanges in DayViews (WeekView is a multiple DayView)

Not in CalendarRows. So there is not currently any way planned to get that UI.

Perhaps they can have a UI such as you suggest. Here's a ticket for investigation: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/5589