Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by Ayurchenkoi »

Hello, how can I export holidays in calendars when exporting gantt to ms project? They are displayed in xml in the <Exceptions> tag, this tag is nested in the <Calendars> tag. A screenshot of the structure that should be obtained in xml.

Post by Ayurchenkoi »

Hello,what's the broblem?

Post by marcio »

Hello Ayurchenkoi,

What's the expected behavior on your side about how should the holiday export to MS Project look like??

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by Ayurchenkoi »

Hi, Marcio. As in the attached example above.
In this case, the result of the export function gives us the following structure *.xml (attachments)

Attachments
MBT-I-ИПН-29-11-2022.xml
(18.76 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

I can see calendar getting imported and available among resource calendars with proper working time. What seems to be the problem?

Screenshot 2022-11-29 141329.png
Screenshot 2022-11-29 141329.png (29.19 KiB) Viewed 511 times

Post by Ayurchenkoi »

Maxim,
calendars are exported and displayed, but do not have blocks/tags with exceptions (holidays, non-working days): <Exceptions>, which is in the structure of the Project XML file created in MS Project. When the export to xml function is executed, this tag is not present, although in our System there are calendars with non-working days

Could you also attach your msproject file? I see smth that looks incorrect (working time is wrong on some calendars) but I am not sure how those calendars are supposed to look in the project.

Post by Ayurchenkoi »

In this case, the *.mpp file was obtained from *.xml. I want to draw your attention to the fact that in our first post there is an image of how the xml should look like so that the calendar in MS Project contains holidays. The *.xml that we receive from your function does not contain these exceptions (holidays). So the question is, what's wrong?

Attachments
MBT-I-ИПН-29-11-2022.mpp
(241 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

Post by Ayurchenkoi »

Maxim?

Sorry for long reponse, I was on a short leave.

I've checked mpp you've attached and compared calendar having non-working days in the middle of the week (K1).
In the XML I can see only Tuesday is working, however in the K1 resource calendar I see week is standard with only two non-working days. I would expect only Tuesday to be displayed as working. Do I understand it correctly?

xml.png
xml.png (36.94 KiB) Viewed 368 times
mpp.png
mpp.png (48.96 KiB) Viewed 368 times

Hello, how can I export holidays in calendars when exporting gantt to ms project? They are displayed in xml in the <Exceptions> tag, this tag is nested in the <Calendars> tag

I also noted that in the XML you've attached there are no tags called <Exceptions>