Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by accounts@projul.com »

Hi, I can see the bryntum gantt advanced example, in which when we drag a parent task, all of it's child tasks also dragged accordingly. But in our case we are not using automatic scheduling. for all of our tasks we have set the manuallyScheduled flag to true. The issue with it is that when we drag the parent task, all of it's child tasks are not being dragged.
How we can achieve this desired behavior with manual scheduling?

Post by alex.l »

Hi accounts@projul.com,

I am afraid, if scheduling is disabled, it's disabled.
You could try to update child tasks manually or use constraints instead of manually scheduling? Please check https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/guide/engine/gantt_events_scheduling#event-constraint-effect-on-the-scheduling

All the best,
Alex

Post by accounts@projul.com »

HI Alex, thank you It worked perfectly. Now I am getting an issue on onTaskDrop event. I am only getting the task that I dragg but not all the child tasks that also dragged with their parent task. event.taskRecords array is returning only single task but not the list of complete hierarchy that moved. Is there any other event or way i can use?

Post by mats »

You can simply read children of the parent record you grabbed and you'll have them there too.