Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by thejas.pateel »

Hi,
I have scenario that based on selecting the parent records ,child records will filtered based on the selection using store filter functionality. when i used insert function in store to store record at particular index it is appending the record at the end of the grid , not at the particular index.Kindly help me out.

Insert.jpg
Insert.jpg (39.99 KiB) Viewed 812 times

Post by alex.l »

For TreeStore it works different. You need to use https://bryntum.com/products/grid/docs/api/Core/data/mixin/TreeNode#function-insertChild for parent child node to add into tree. There is a second optional parameter before to specify a record to insert before.

Example:

grid.selectedRecord.parent.insertChild({id: 333, name : 'Hello'}, grid.selectedRecord);

All the best,
Alex

Post by thejas.pateel »

Thanks for the reply i am using two different grid .based on selecting of first record in first grid. i am filtering in other grid.I am not using tree store.

filter.jpg
filter.jpg (32.08 KiB) Viewed 802 times

For while inserting to filtered record at particular index is not working.

But without filter inserting record at particular index is working fine .using store.insert

Post by thejas.pateel »

Hi,
I figured it out that the record is inserting at desired index But after filtering it going to last record /Row.So it seems that it is auto sorting after filtering .

Is there any way to stop auto sorting after filtering?

Post by thejas.pateel »

Hi,
We are working on this feature and would like to know if there is an update on this.
Thanks for your time

Post by alex.l »

Thank you for clarifications! I reproduced this and opened a ticket here https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/5730

Is there any way to stop auto sorting after filtering?

We have to wait for fix, unfortunately.

All the best,
Alex

Post by thejas.pateel »

Hi,
Is there any timeline when will be that issue is fixed ? we need it urgent for our product

Post by mats »

Should be part of the next patch release, hopefully next week!

Post by thejas.pateel »

Hi,
Please make it as high priority we need it urgent.