Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by joakim.l »

Try adding this code block to where you're creating your Grid. It should override the default function:

Grid.prototype.onCellClick = function({ event, record }) {
   const me = this;

if (!me.selectionMode.checkbox && me.selectionMode.multiSelect && !event.shiftKey && !event.metaKey && !event.ctrlKey && !me.focusedCell?.isActionable) {
      me.deselectRows(me.selectedRecords.filter(rec => rec !== record));
   }
};

Regards
Joakim

Post by thejas.pateel »

Hi ,
Now i am getting another type of issue ,now row is not deselecting but we need to do double click to select row in check box column.
For other columns its working fine as expected (For single click row is selecting). i need to same behaviour for checkbox columns like other columns.This issue dragging soo many days .i have not get proper solution.i totally disappointed with this .

Post by thejas.pateel »

I thought you have not checked correctly before giving resale it time waste for both of us.
I have attached video with the scenario . kindly have look .

screen-capture (6).webm
(559.77 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

For other columns row is selecting for single click .But for checkbox column its taking 2 clicks for selecting the row.

Note:i need exact behaviour for check box column like other columns . and also check this issue for progress,rating etc i think that is also having same issue ,

But my priority is please fix checkbox column first

Post by joakim.l »

Hi thejas

As nige wrote a couple of pages back, this behaviour is as we intended it to be. All actionable column cells (checkbox, widget, percent etc) will on focus-in, change the focus to the first actionable element in that cell. That way you could instantly use the keyboard and check a checkbox, for example.

However, we will discuss this internally, to decide if this behaviour need to be changed. I will get back to you in this thread when we come to a decision.

Regards
Joakim

Post by thejas.pateel »

Hi,
"Note:i need exact behaviour for check box column like other columns . and also check this issue for progress,rating etc i think that is also having same issue "
Is this requirement will be fulfilled?

Post by joakim.l »

We will change this behaviour to:

1. A checkcolumn cell (but not the checkbox) gets focused
  2. This will move the focus to the checkbox (unchanged)
  3. It will also perform selection on that row/cell (new behaviour)

We will se to it that this applies to all similiar actionable columns.

Here is the ticket:
https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/6208

Regards
Joakim