Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by marcio »

Hey,

That looks like a bug, I created a ticket to fix that https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/7973

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by joakim.l »

Hi!

I have an update regarding this issue.
The thing is, setting timeZone : null on the events is fine when adding new, but when updating existing ones, this will cause the record to loose its timeZone value. The ticket that Marcio created will see to it that setting timeZone = null in an update object provided to applyChangeset will be ignored.

As a workaround, you can just remove the timeZone property when you are updating existing records. Something like this:

if (this.eventStore.getById(event.id)) {
   delete (event as any).timeZone;
   changes.updated.push(event);
}
else {
    changes.added.push(event);
}

Regards
Joakim

Post by korneld »

Great ! I run the demo app and it is working just fine. Thank you Joakim.

We must include timezone support in our next release. I can see that this ticket is now assigned to you and it is in progress. Are you planning to include the update in the next release/or within next 2 weeks ?

I need to asses if I have time to wait for your update.

Anyway, I'm glad you posted the workaround. Thank you.

Post by ghulam.ghous »

Hi Korneld,

Though we can not give you an exact date but this will be most probably part of our release 5.6.4 as we are planning to release the 5.6.3 today. We release a minor patch in every 1-3 weeks but we do not follow a exact timeframe.

Regards,
Ghous

Post by korneld »

Hi all,

We would like to utilise timeline histogram component (https://www.bryntum.com/products/scheduler/examples/timelinehistogram/) and display it next to scheduler.

I would like to display the same date ranges both in scheduler and timeline histogram.

I noticed that timeline-histogram has timeZone property but does not convert start/end date to configured timezone.

The workaround is to maintain different start/end date value for scheduler and timeline histogram but would be nice if the components behave the same.

Example:

My computer tz: UTC+1;

timeZoneIana = 'UTC';
schedulerStartDateTime = '2024-01-22T08:00:00.000Z';
schedulerEndDateTime = '2024-01-26T23:59:59.999Z';

I would expect that both scheduler and timeline histogram display: 22.01.2024 08:00 start and 26.01.2024 23:59:59 end.

Unfortunately timeline-histogram display my computer timezone.

Please see demo project in the attachment.

Best regards,
Kornel

Attachments
start-and-end-dates-scheduler-and-timeline-histogram.zip
(225.62 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Post by joakim.l »

Hi

Currently, there is no support for changing timeZone on the TimelineHistogram. The timeZone config is there by mistake.
I made a ticket to add time zone support for the TimelineHistogram: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/8325

Regards
Joakim

Post by korneld »

Hi all,

I would like to ask if you support changing time zone in running scheduler.

We would like to give the option to our users to change time zone when app is running.

Let me describe the example and problem I'm having.

1. When we render the scheduler for the first time, we default the settings to:
const timeZoneIana = 'UTC';
const schedulerStartDateTime = '2024-02-06T00:00:00.000Z';
const schedulerEndDateTime = '2024-02-06T23:59:59.999Z';

The scheduler displays: 00:00 - 23:59.

1. Then, the user changes the view settings and sets the time zone to e.g.: Europe/Sofia

We pass then new config to the scheduler:

const sofiaTimeZoneIana = 'Europe/Sofia'; // UTC+2
const sofiaStartDateTime = '2024-02-06T00:00:00.000+02:00';
const sofiaEndDateTime = '2024-02-06T23:59:59.999+02:00';

I would expect that scheduler still display 00:00 - 23:59 but as in UTC+2. Unfortunately it display 2024-02-06 01:00 - 2024-02-07 00:59 (my computer is UTC+1).

I don't know how to work around this.

See full example in the attachment.

Best regards,
Kornel

Attachments
time-zone-change-and-time-axis.zip
(222.29 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

Did you see our demo here https://bryntum.com/products/scheduler/examples/timezone/ ? It supports timeZone change at runtime. Does it work as you expected?

All the best,
Alex

Post by korneld »

Hi Alex,

Did you see the demo project I prepared ? I also describe the problem, I'm having with displaying correct date ranges, including:

• What I'm passing to the config

• What I expect from the scheduler

Let me describe the issue.

First, I'm passing the following time zone and date ranges:

const timeZoneIana = 'UTC';
const schedulerStartDateTime = '2024-02-06T00:00:00.000Z';
const schedulerEndDateTime = '2024-02-06T23:59:59.999Z';

The scheduler displays: 00:00 - 23:59 and this is what I expect (good job)

For the second time, I'm passing:

const sofiaTimeZoneIana = 'Europe/Sofia'; // UTC+2
const sofiaStartDateTime = '2024-02-06T00:00:00.000+02:00';
const sofiaEndDateTime = '2024-02-06T23:59:59.999+02:00';

I'm expecting that the scheduler will still display 00:00 - 23:59 but it displays 2024-02-06T01:00 - 2024-02-07T00:59 (my computer is UTC+1).

See the demo in the prev post.

Best regards,
Kornel

Post by alex.l »

Hi Kornel,

I saw your demo. It takes some time to check and debug it, so meanwhile I asked you to confirm you see the same problem in our application. If so, it will simply save time for both of us. If no, there is might be some problem in the code, which is also useful information.

Regarding to your demo, I will get back with it tomorrow.

All the best,
Alex