Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by egemen »

I want to display Scheduler timeline according to one time zone and I don't want it to change itself according to device setting (no user interaction either). So far I couldn't find a way to implement it. Any help would be appreciated. When nothing's specified, it show according to default device setting. I want to overwrite this.

For example I want to display the timeline in -> Pacific Standard Time - Time zone in Los Angeles, CA, USA (GMT-8)

Post by mats »

This is supported in the upcoming 5.3.0 release which is currently in beta. You can test it here: https://bryntum.com/products/scheduler-next/examples/timezone/

Post by korneld »

Hi all,

I have installed angular scheduler pro 5.3.0-beta-1 and give it a shot. I noticed that Events are rendered based on the local dates for the first time. When I click on the event, they are being converted to configured time zone iana (may be related to angular change detection cycle).

Let me know if you observe the similar situation or it is just me.

Best regards,
Kornel

Post by mats »

Post by korneld »

Hi again,

I set this up. The problem I'm observing in my product is:

1. I'm setting e.g.: Europe/Stockholm time zone
  2. The timeline's headers are inline with Europe/Stockholm
  3. The current time line is inline with Europe/Stockholm
  4. Event start date and end date is NOT inline with Europe/Stockholm

but I can see that after I click on the event, all events are immediately being converted to Europe/Stockholm.

Best regards,
Kornel

Post by mats »

Strange! Can you upload a simple test case for us to look at? Can you reproduce in our online demo too?

Post by korneld »

Will do in the evening.

Post by korneld »

I think the above happens for the large data set.

I can see on my notebook that the first events are not converted to given timezone.

If you double click on the scheduler, they are getting converted and inline with timezone.

Attachments
b_timezones.zip
(110.53 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Post by tasnim »

Hi,
Reproduced! I've opened a ticket to investigate it. Here it is https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/5889

Thanks for the test case

Good Luck :),
Tasnim

Post by korneld »

Hi all,

Based on that post and my previous comment the following github issue was created: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/5889.

The above issue is now marked as closed, however I'm still observing the issue with converting events to the given time zone iana.

Let me describe step by step the problem.

1. In our product, we work with large data set. Our servers return with e.g.: 10k records (events).
  2. The start and end date returned from back-end is iso string e.g.: start date - 2023-05-02T13:00:00.000Z
  3. We would like to configure the bryntum scheduler to display that event in the given time zone iana (e.g.: if 'Europe/Sofia' (UTC+3) - the scheduler should display the event at 16:00 if event start date is '2023-05-02T13:00:00.000Z').

What, I can see in the bryntum 5.3.4 is:

Prerequisites:

My notebook is now in UTC+2
The bryntum scheduler gets 'Europe/Sofia' time zone configuration (UTC+3)
Server return 10k events. One of the event starts at 2023-05-02T13:00:00.000Z

What is happening then:

1. The timeline's headers are in line with Europe/Sofia
  2. The current time line is inline with Europe/Sofia
  3. When the events are loaded from the server, and once they come into the EventStore the scheduler displays them as in UTC+2
  4. After a moment (seconds) the bryntum scheduler moves the events from UTC+2 to UTC+3.

In the attachment, I provided the demo.

Is there anything else you can improve regarding timezones and first rendering ?
I bet, you are challenging with some async code and not sure how hard is it for you to ensure all events are converted into the given timezone right away and that the user does not see that movement (from UTC+2 to UTC+3).

We are waiting for that feature for quite some time, we are starting wondering if our code need the way around or we can wait for you.

Best regards,
Kornel

Attachments
bryntum_5_3_4_timezones.zip
(216.21 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Last edited by korneld on Tue May 02, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.