Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by vconstruct »

Hi Marcio,

Thanks for confirming that. The filters are working correctly now. However, for customization of the placeholder text in the column filter dropdown (attached snapshot) , why do I need to provide a custom localization file? When I inquire the gantt.locale.En.js, the default 'En' locale already specifies the correct text (snapshot attached).

Attachments
gantt.locale.En.js.png
gantt.locale.En.js.png (208.86 KiB) Viewed 151 times
Placeholder-Text.png
Placeholder-Text.png (42.54 KiB) Viewed 151 times

Post by marcio »

Hey,

Glad that the filters are working now! :)

Regarding the placeholder, we use the text that you found in the locale file to put it in the filter that you highlighted, if you want a different text, you'll need to extend that locale file and add the keys that you want to change to the new text that you want (check that guide link for more details).

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by vconstruct »

Hi Marcio,

I was actually able to access the placeholder text for the column filters, but it assigns the same text to all the three filters (filterDateEquals, filterDateBefore, filterDateAfter). I have provided the code below for the columnDef config and the attached snapshot shows that the same text appears for all the filters.
Using the code below, is there a way to provide the correct placeholder text for each filter?

const columnDef: Partial<ColumnStoreConfig>[] | object[] = [
    // ... remaining config
    { type: 'date', 
      field: 'startDate', 
      text: 'Start Date', 
      editor: false, 
      filterable: {
        filterField: {
          ref: 'filterDateEquals',
          label : 'Before'
        }
      }
    },
    { type: 'date', field: 'endDate', text: 'End Date', editor: false },
  ];
Attachments
Placeholder-Text-not-working.png
Placeholder-Text-not-working.png (44.01 KiB) Viewed 144 times

Post by marcio »

Hey,

That looks like a bug, I created a ticket to investigate/fix it https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/6188

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by vconstruct »

Hi Marcio, any updates on this bug?

Thanks

Post by marcio »

Hey vconstruct,

Unfortunately no updates, but I added a note to the ticket.

Best regards,
Márcio