Discuss anything related to web development but no technical support questions

Post by lxxrxns »

Hi there,

I am still on v4.2 because upgrading to v5 would require an immense effort as I have massively customized the scheduler specifically with this version.
Thus I was wondering if you could share how you fixed this particular issue:

viewtopic.php?p=91790

and if this is something that I can simply fix in the source code of v4.2 myself.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Post by marcio »

Hey lxxrxns,

The issue that is described in that post is already solved in v4.2.5 if you check the ticket. Are you using that version?? Is exactly the same issue that is described in that post??

Nowadays we focus primarily on support on the latest stable version of our suite, and we strongly suggest that you update. If not possible, we would like to ask for a sample project with the version that you're using with the issue that you observe happening there., and from there we can try to assist you on this.

Also, if you could provide more info/context about the issue that you're having, that would be helpful for us! :)

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by lxxrxns »

It is indeed the exact same issue. The problem is that I can't upgrade without breaking a lot of custom scripts, so ideally I'd hear how to fix the issue within v4.2.2

Post by lxxrxns »

Or is there a way for me to update to 4.2.5? Maybe that won't break so much?

Post by marcio »

You shouldn't have a big problem upgrading patch releases, because they are bug fixes, in essence, no new features or API changes.

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by lxxrxns »

Where can I get 4.2.5? Is it still available somewhere?

Post by mats »

Yes, in the customer zone as usual. We are releasing 5.2.8 today btw.