Discuss anything related to web development but no technical support questions

Post by lxxrxns »

I am able to programmatically/dynamically edit the appearance of an event (i.e. change the color, style, etc) with Javascript. However, I would also like to be able to visually remove an event from the scheduler (without removing it from the database/store).

You might be wondering why (because you'd think a page refresh would just make the event reappear). The reason for this is that my events have a "status", i.e. 1= visible, 2= hidden. When someone removes an event through my javascript (i.e. not with the DELETE button), it changes from status 1 to 2 (hidden). Thus it would be nice if it would also disappear immediately from the scheduler. (When I reload the page, all events with status=2 aren't loaded into the scheduler).

Does an event have a 'hidden' or 'visible' state of some sort, that I can change?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Post by mats »

Simply filter the EventStore, as seen here: https://bryntum.com/products/scheduler/examples/filtering/

Post by lxxrxns »

And is it possible to filter for an event attribute that is otherwise completely invisible to the user?

My event status (1 or 2) is only stored in the database. I can of course get it into the store by loading it in the session.php, but it isn't something thats editable or anything like that.

Say that I load it into the store, how can I filter out (by default) events that have status=2? (this filter should always be enabled)

Post by mats »

You can filter by any field in your data model, or just using a function so - you can filter any way you like :)

eventStore.filter(event => event.status !== 2)