Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by pawel »

I need to open a fullscreen, but I don't want Gantt fullscreen. Let's say half a page is my custom content and the other is gantt itself. I'm using just pure JS requestFullScreen on some outer container and it works alright, but not the tooltips.

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 22.16.04.png
Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 22.16.04.png (10.33 KiB) Viewed 122 times

They're on separate layer that's attached to body, so that when fullscreen is on, they're hidden.

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 22.18.24.png
Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 22.18.24.png (43.59 KiB) Viewed 122 times

I've been tinkering with it for a bit and I came up with a solution that I want to check with you. I've looked at the code for gantt.requestFullScreen, and basically cut out everything that wasn't necessary.

That one useEffect with "me.element.appendChild(me.floatRoot);" is all that's needed and it seems like tooltips work fine, and I don't see any issues caused by it.

const MyComponent = () => {
  const ganttRef = useRef();
  useEffect(() => {
    const me = ganttRef.current?.instance;
    if (!me) return;
    me.element.appendChild(me.floatRoot);
  }, []);

const containerRef = useRef();
  const onToggleFullscreen = async () => {
    if (containerRef.current) {
      if (document.fullscreenElement) {
        await document.exitFullscreen();
      } else {
        await containerRef.current.requestFullscreen();
      }
    }
  };

return (
    <div className="myOuterContainer" ref={containerRef}>
      <div>Lots of stuff going on here <button onClick={onToggleFullScreen}>Open fullscreen</button></div>

<BryntumGantt
        ref={ganttRef}
        {...ganttConfig}
      />
    </div>
  );
};

Post by mats »

That's the right way to do it yes, move float root inside your fullscreen element - then move it back upon exiting.

Post by pawel »

Cool, thanks! I just thought it's too straightforward and maybe there is some hidden method for handling it.