Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by emma.fourier@moss.fr »

Hello,

I would like to display between events B and C a particular colour as in the Nested Event Demo (https://bryntum.com/products/scheduler/examples/nestedevents/).
This works when the zoomLevel is greater than or equal to 7, if the zoom is less there is a significant offset.

capture.PNG
capture.PNG (9.29 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (11.43 KiB) Viewed 269 times

I use the getDistanceForDuration function to calculate the position and size of the nestedEvent.

startDateMainEvent is the date of the event A.

offset.push({
                    ... new OffsetMultiColorEventConfig(),
                   startOffset : this.getDistanceForDuration(startDateMainEvent, moment(startEvent.getData('startDate'))),
                    widthOffset: this.getDistanceForDuration(moment(startEvent.getData('startDate')), moment(endEvent.getData('endDate'))),
                    color: config.color + 'a3'
                });

In the eventBodyTemplate I recalculate the position and size each time :

offset?.forEach((o, i) => {
                    result += `<div class="nested" style="left : ${o.startOffset}px; width: ${o.widthOffset}px; background-color : ${o.color}; border-radius: 2em; opacity : 0.8"></div>`;
                })

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Can you help me to solve the problem please?

Thanks
Emma

Post by tasnim »

Hello,

Can't say what's wrong without seeing the whole code. Could you please upload full code here so we can reproduce it and debug it?

Hi Tasnim,

Here is the file containing all the code.

bcs_ng.zip
(294.11 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

You will find in bcs_ng\entity\road-map\bryntum\display-config.ts the function calculateOffsetMultiColorEventConfig which allows to calculate the position and the size

Thanks for your help

Post by Animal »

Maybe try using getPositionFromDate instead? That will handle non-contiguous timelines.

I have already tried to use getPositionFromDate but if the date of event A is no longer in the timeAxis it returns -1. So I can't get the distance in px between event A and B.

Post by mats »

Need to then set boundaries on your parameters to limit to what's in view. DateHelper has methods to help you: https://bryntum.com/products/grid/docs/api/Core/helper/DateHelper#function-min-static