Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by muhabbil »

Hey Maxim,
Thanks for the update.
On which basis you are setting the constraint date? For example, the task i am going to receive has end date, duration which are updated. How you are defining constraint date?

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

This is random example in which I pin the task an arbitrary start date. It is emulating a case when I drag task to start on january 5th in the Gantt chart. Task is scheduled as early as allowed by constraints: own constraint, project start date or incoming dependency.

Post by muhabbil »

For my case, end date, duration, percent are going to be changed which needs to be resulted in auto calculations. Can you provide insights on that if i need to apply any constraint there?

if duration changes?
if percent done changes?
if end date changes?

What will be the updated task json body against these 3 scenarios?

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Looks like you got confused. You only need constraint if you want task to start/end at/no earlier/no later than specific point in time.

What will be the updated task json body against these 3 scenarios?

It should be an object with a task id and modified field. Except for endDate, which does not have effect in applyProjectChanges.

I suggest you to run a Gantt application with your data, modify one of the fields and then evaluate project.changes in the console. It will help you to understand how project reacts on changes and what the object structure should be. You can try applying crafted changes object to better understand how project behaves in these situations.