Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by vconstruct »

Hi Team,

we are running into an issue where we are trying to load a medium sized dataset (around 2500 tasks) with lots of dependencies, into the bryntum gantt which is making the entire component very sluggish, and when we try to associate resources to activities it simply freezes the application while it tries to apply the resources and update the gantt. Is there a better way of loading such datasets, currently we are using the dataimporter.js file that we found in one of the gantt examples.

Post by mats »

What version are you using, and can you please share your dataset?

Post by vconstruct »

Hi Mats,

Thanks for the reply, "5.3.0-alpha-1" is the version we are using.

Unfortunately I cant share the actual dataset due to NDA requirements but i can share the schema that we use it is built using the MPXJ backend let me know if that will help and ill share it with you

Post by mats »

You could replace any sensitive data with random strings?

Post by vconstruct »

Unfortunately the issue is all of it is sensitive since it is a schedule data, we would have to garble up the data for around 2500-3000 activities with activity having around 10-14 key value pairs. plus their are dependencies as well, hence my suggestion to provide the schema

Post by mats »

Should still be quite quick to loop over them all and replace all string data with random data. You could do it easily with https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/api/Core/data/mixin/TreeNode#function-traverse

Post by vconstruct »

Thanks for the response we will do that and come back to you with the details

Post by vconstruct »

Hi Mats,

Apologies for the delay i am attaching the dataset json file along with this post

Attachments
testDataSet.json
(8.35 MiB) Downloaded 23 times

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

Thanks for the dataset. We'll investigate it. Here is the ticket to track progress https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/6349

Good Luck :),
Tasnim

Post by vconstruct »

Hi,

How soon can we expect a solution for this?

Thanks