Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by denysveovo »

Hello,
I've updated Bryntum to 5.3.0 to use timezone feature, which had the next bug:
https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/5889
But realized that the bug isn't fixed. Also I found two another bugs related to this feature (check the attached project):

1. My timezone has utc+1 time, I set by inputs scheduler time to utc+5 and it added to my header time axis +4 hours, moreover, when I use partner scheduler and give him same timezone it makes the moving twice (totally add +8 hours)
  2. TimeRanges feature - it also moves independ of using the time of the scheduler event. (I'm adding time ranges on event selection)
    For both bugs difference between expected and real result looks like ("set timezone" minus "my location timezone").
Attachments
time_zone.zip
(206.15 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Post by marcio »

Hey denysveovo,

Thanks for the example and report. I created a ticket to investigate this deeply - https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/6369

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by denysveovo »

Thank you, Marcio!
I'll be monitoring the link you gave me.
This feature is important for our project so hope the problem will be resolved soon.
Best regards!
Denys

Post by denysveovo »

Hello, Marcio!
I found another bug related to Drag-and-Drop feature. Should I describe it here or create new topic?

Post by marcio »

Hey denysveovo,

Please create a new post, as it could not be related to the same issue.

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by denysveovo »

Thank you!
It will be ready soon.

Post by joakim.l »

Hi!

Thank you for reporting this to us!

Firstly, the original issue was indeed not completely fixed. Was a small mistake that passed our testcase but did not work in your code.
This will be fixed in the issue linked above.

1. I cannot reproduce your issue with partnered Schedulers in the sample code. Could you please provide me with instructions how?

2. When using binding to replace data the Scheduler will automatically convert the records (resourceTimeRanges in this case) to the specified timezone. We see the problem here and will make it possible to configure a record to already be "in a timezone". So your createResourceTimeRange function would look something like this (when the enhancements is released):

createResourceTimerange(
    timeRange: { startDate: Date | string; endDate: Date | string; timeZone: Number | String },
    rss: any
  ) {
    return new ResourceTimeRangeModel({
      resourceId: rss.id,
      timeRangeColor: 'violet',
      style: 'height: 100%',
      startDate: timeRange.startDate,
      endDate: timeRange.endDate,
      timeZone: timeRange.timeZone
    });
}

Regards
Joakim

Post by denysveovo »

Hello, Joakim,
Thank you for your reply!
I've made two records to show you what exact is going on and when, check the attachment please.
Thanks for your work, for updating and adding new features, i like it. Hope it will be ready for production use asap.
Best regards!
Denys

Attachments
Both-schedulers-with-timezone-input.mp4
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
One-schedulers-with-timezone-input.mp4
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

Post by joakim.l »

Thank you. I will take a look and get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards
Joakim

Post by joakim.l »

An update:

Point 1 above has now been reproduced and fixed locally. You can track all these fixes in this issue: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/6369

Regards
Joakim