Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by jit@flowit.dk »

Hi.

Please see attached video.

We can drag a task and make it a child of another task by dropping it exactly in "the middle" of the target task (the one to become the parent). But it only works if it already has children.

Can be reproduced using the online demo: https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/examples/basic/

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 15.16.37.png
Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 15.16.37.png (795.42 KiB) Viewed 228 times
Attachments
Bryntum-2023-03-15-001.m4v
(5.46 MiB) Downloaded 20 times

Best regards
Jimmy Thomsen

Post by jit@flowit.dk »

I'm aware that we can indent a task to make it a child using the context menu, but we'd rather have the drag-and-drop feature work consistently. It's a really nice addition being able to make a task a child by dropping it in the middle 👍

Last edited by jit@flowit.dk on Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Best regards
Jimmy Thomsen

Post by jit@flowit.dk »

Also, you forum keeps breaking with the attached error. I believe it happens when using emojies.
We also have several attached files from older forum posts which are corrupted after download.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 15.23.00.png
Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 15.23.00.png (59.8 KiB) Viewed 222 times

Best regards
Jimmy Thomsen

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. Opened a feature request for that. Here it is https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/6385

Also, you forum keeps breaking with the attached error. I believe it happens when using emojies.
We also have several attached files from older forum posts which are corrupted after download.

We'll take a look at it.

Good Luck :),
Tasnim

Post by mats »

Yes the forum software (PHPBB) doesn't yet handle emojis well, we hope they will fix that soon.

Post by jit@flowit.dk »

@mats
I would argue this is an inconsistency bug. You can create children using the context menu, and make existing tasks a child of another task by indenting the task using the context menu. The fact that dropping tasks on top of another node doesn't make it a child, when it does for tasks that already have children, is a bug - and it is impossible to justify this inconsistency to our users. Is there any way we can make you guys prioritize a solution to this?

-- Thanks

Best regards
Jimmy Thomsen

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

We've made increased the prio of that ticket by setting the label to high-priority. So We hope to have it fixed ASAP, but cannot make any promise when it will be done.

Thank you for your patience

Post by jit@flowit.dk »

Thanks, @Tasnim, I appreciate that :-)

Best regards
Jimmy Thomsen

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

This is already supported if I am understanding the request correctly, try enabling the dropOnLeaf config of the RowReorder feature: https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/api/Grid/feature/RowReorder#config-dropOnLeaf

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by jit@flowit.dk »

@Johan.isaksson, you are absolutely right. Thanks a lot :-)

Best regards
Jimmy Thomsen