Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by eltonx »

Hello,
When we expand the code editor (Gantt panel) and try to resize its window by dragging the panel edge, we get ResizeObserver loop limit exceeded warning.

We are using BryntumContainer <BryntumContainer {...containerConfig} />

"@bryntum/gantt": "^5.3.1",
   "@bryntum/gantt-react": "^5.3.1",
   "react": "^18.2.0",
   "react-dom": "^18.2.0",

Can you help please?
Thanks
Elton

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

Could you please provide a runnable test case so we can reproduce and debug it? I'm not able to reproduce the issue.

Good Luck :),
Tasnim

Post by eltonx »

Please see attached to repro the issue.

Attachments
my-app.zip
code
(847.71 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
ErrorResizingBryntumGantt.mp4
video
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

Post by mats »

That's a browser bug I believe, and nothing to worry about (doesn't affect our components).

Post by eltonx »

Hi Mats,

not sure i understand. We tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge... same thing.

How do we fix this issue please?

Post by marcio »

Hey eltonx,

Is that anything special to reproduce the behavior?

I tried with the code that you shared but it worked just fine on multiple browsers (as you'll see in the attached video).

Attachments
React App - 24 March 2023.mp4
(936.7 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by eltonx »

Hi Marcio,

thanks for that. We did actually see this in one machine (linux server) where it didn't happen. However this was the exception, in 3-4 other dev machines, it happens all the time and with different browsers.

We really need help to find out what is going on with this. Perhaps some debug, additional logging, etc.

Thanks
Elton

Post by mats »

Does it impact your app behavior?

Post by eltonx »

Hi Mats,

If the users perform this operation and it crashes on them (as shown), it looks very unprofessional. The rest of the application will continue. So, it is an annoyance, not a show-stopper. Currently we are still developing the application (no external users yet) so there is still a bit of time but it should be fixed really.

The issue is in the controls, not browser(s).

Thanks
Elton

Post by mats »

We're not 100% convinced it's not a browser bug, but would need to be debugged more deeply to confirm. An easy workaround for now, just don't show your error popup when the error is about the ResizeObserver.